Southern Illinois Urology, the practice of Dr. R. Lawrence Hatchett, is dedicated to serving the surrounding southern Illinois community with its caring and professional staff, and the latest in urology treatments and technology.
Dr. Hatchett, a native of Southern Illinois, is an esteemed physician, who focuses on providing his patients with the utmost in urological care, while providing informative and helpful resources to keep the community updated on the services available to treat a number of different ailments.
This site was constructed in order to inform the community of the latest in treatments for such problems as benign prostatic hyperplasia, or BPH, kidney stones, vasectomies, and a number of other urinary disorders.
Dr. Hatchett utilizes the following treatments, and the latest technology in treating the above mentioned disorders:
- Prolieve Thermodilatation System, used to uniformly heat and dilate the prostatic urethra, is another recent type of minimally invasive, outpatient treatment used to relieve BPH symptoms with few side effects.
- Litholink, used to prevent the recurrence of kidney stones, is a service utilized by Southern Illinois Urology. Litholink provides testing and disease management, as well as interpretive software for physicians.
Through the links and video demonstrations within this site, Dr. Hatchett and his staff wish to provide their prospective and existing patients with helpful resources, so that the community as a whole can be informed, healthy, and satisfied with all of their urological concerns.
Procedures, Testing and Specialty Procedures
Office Procedures Include:
- InterStim Testing
- Microwave Therapy of the Prostate
- Cystoscopy with Bladder Biopsies
- Cystoscopy with Stent Removals
- Prostate Ultrasound with Biopsies
- Cauterization of Bladder Tumors
- Newborn Circumcision
Office Diagnostic Testing:
- Prostate Ultrasound